Point Out Of Books A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone #1)
| Title | : | A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone #1) |
| Author | : | Sue Grafton |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 308 pages |
| Published | : | November 1st 2005 by St. Martin's Press (first published April 15th 1982) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Fiction. Crime. Thriller. Mystery Thriller. Detective. Audiobook |
Sue Grafton
Paperback | Pages: 308 pages Rating: 3.85 | 155466 Users | 4570 Reviews
Ilustration During Books A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone #1)
A IS FOR AVENGERA tough-talking former cop, private investigator Kinsey Millhone has set up a modest detective agency in a quiet corner of Santa Teresa, California. A twice-divorced loner with few personal possessions and fewer personal attachments, she's got a soft spot for underdogs and lost causes.
A IS FOR ACCUSED
That's why she draws desperate clients like Nikki Fife. Eight years ago, she was convicted of killing her philandering husband. Now she's out on parole and needs Kinsey's help to find the real killer. But after all this time, clearing Nikki's bad name won't be easy.
A IS FOR ALIBI
If there's one thing that makes Kinsey Millhone feel alive, it's playing on the edge. When her investigation turns up a second corpse, more suspects, and a new reason to kill, Kinsey discovers that the edge is closer--and sharper--than she imagined.
"A" Is for Alibi
"B" Is for Burglar
"C" Is for Corpse
"D" Is for Deadbeat
"E" Is for Evidence
"F" Is for Fugitive
"G" Is for Gumshoe
"H" Is for Homicide
"I" Is for Innocent
"J" Is for Judgment
"K" Is for Killer
"L" is for Lawless
"M" Is for Malice
"N" Is for Noose
"O" Is for Outlaw
"P" Is for Peril
"Q" Is for Quarry
"R" Is for Ricochet
"S" Is for Silence
"T" Is for Trespass
"U" Is for Undertow
"V" Is for Vengeance
"W" Is for Wasted
"X"
“Y” Is for Yesterday
The letter Z was unfinished at the time of her death 12/28/2017

Declare Books To A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone #1)
| Original Title: | A is for Alibi |
| ISBN: | 0312938993 (ISBN13: 9780312938994) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Kinsey Millhone #1 |
| Characters: | Kinsey Millhone, Charlie Scorsoni, Nikki Fife, Gwen Jones |
| Setting: | Santa Teresa, California,1982(United States) Las Vegas, Nevada,1982(United States) California(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Shamus Award Nominee for Best PI Hardcover (1983) |
Rating Out Of Books A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone #1)
Ratings: 3.85 From 155466 Users | 4570 ReviewsRate Out Of Books A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone #1)
This is the first in the Alphabet mystery series, by Sue Grafton. I have been wanting to start this series for a long time. Currently, we are up to the letter V. So, I'm pretty far behind. Kinsey has been hired by a woman recently released from prison for murdering her husband. The woman wants to know what really happened. This book reads a little like an hard boiled detective novel, but not over the top. It fits in easily as a straight up mystery/detective novels, but can also work in the cozyI won't bother to review the whole A through S (so far) series, and I doubt I could remember my reaction to each individual book in any case. As a whole, though, I love this series. Sure, it's total pulp fiction, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. First, the series is based in Santa Teresa, CA, a very thinly disguised Santa Barbara, which makes it great fun for anyone who's lived in SB. (My *favorite* alteration is that Mission Street become Missile Street!) Second, Kinsey Millhone is your
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/Two reviews in the same morning? I guess its your lucky day (ha-ha - NOT). And just look at that bright and shiny 1 Star rating. That should be a sure fire way to earn me some new friends. If youre not interested in reading through my reasons behind not liking this book, heres the Cliffs Notes version of my reaction upon finishing . . . So the long story of how I began my relationship with Kinsey Millhone at this late date is as

Me and Kinsey on Santa Teresa Boulevard. And Las Vegas Boulevard. Sorry wrong decade, but I was having a nostalgic Paul Simon moment, and I just couldnt turn it down. And yeah I figured I would use improper grammar and discreetly reference KINSEY AND ME: STORIES which I havent yet read and I may never get to based on my current TBR shelf and future book endeavors. For those of you curious about the Paul Simon reference that would be Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, which graced the world
Wait, should I shelved this in "Historical Fiction"? So, yeah, you can call me a trend-setter. I'm up on the hip scene of today. I know what is cool... or as you kids might say, I'm DTF. (That means Definitely Trendy and Fresh, right?)Oh, I'm sure you are wrong Inigo Montoya. I'm very fleek and shit.Alright, so I've had this book since childhood and decided now was the perfect time to read it. Yes, my TBR pile is slightly unruly....I was okay with the idea that this was written in the 1980's, so
I read this book as part of an interdisciplinary course in law school entitled "Law in Literature." While the book was acceptable/average in terms of its overall plot, development, and color, my enjoyment of the novel came from the fact that until the last half of the book (when the protagonist - a female detective - sleeps with a man she is investigating) I hadn't realized that the main character was a woman. I thought of myself as suitably progressive when the novel described the main


0 Comments