Books Online Download Bring on the Empty Horses Free

Point Books Supposing Bring on the Empty Horses

Original Title: Bring on the Empty Horses
ISBN: 0440008247 (ISBN13: 9780440008248)
Edition Language: English
Characters: David Niven
Setting: California(United States)
Books Online Download Bring on the Empty Horses  Free
Bring on the Empty Horses Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 352 pages
Rating: 4.1 | 2643 Users | 127 Reviews

Identify Epithetical Books Bring on the Empty Horses

Title:Bring on the Empty Horses
Author:David Niven
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 352 pages
Published:1976 by Dell (first published 1975)
Categories:Biography. Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Culture. Film. Humor

Rendition In Favor Of Books Bring on the Empty Horses

This is the follow-up to David Niven's first memoir (The Moon's a Balloon), but this book is centered on the stories of Niven's friends and co-stars and directors. In other words, it's a wonderful recollection of the Golden Age of Hollywood but told in a gentlemanly fashion.

Niven was part of the Hollywood Raj, that group of ex-pat Englishmen who played cricket at the park off Sunset Boulevard and ate roast beef on Sundays, regardless of the California heat. There are hundreds of books about the cinema during the studio system, but somehow Mr. Niven's tales are the best.

The crash of falling Selznicks was frequently heard around midnight in Hollywood high society.

His zingers are classy, not the TMZ trash currently expounded. You can tell he holds back or changes some details to be fair to his subjects, but the reading is still fun. His "Missy" revelation is startling, as it details the mental breakdown of Vivien Leigh (though he never mentions her name) and illustrates the high level of stress and expectations placed upon the studio stars of that era.

I rarely read a book more than once, but I couldn't resist picking this up again when the sun was blazing, the pool was calling, and I had just finished a long walk past some of the glorious desert abodes of the folks who had faces back then.

Book Season = Summer (find some shade)



Rating Epithetical Books Bring on the Empty Horses
Ratings: 4.1 From 2643 Users | 127 Reviews

Evaluate Epithetical Books Bring on the Empty Horses
This is the follow-up to David Niven's first memoir (The Moon's a Balloon), but this book is centered on the stories of Niven's friends and co-stars and directors. In other words, it's a wonderful recollection of the Golden Age of Hollywood but told in a gentlemanly fashion. Niven was part of the Hollywood Raj, that group of ex-pat Englishmen who played cricket at the park off Sunset Boulevard and ate roast beef on Sundays, regardless of the California heat. There are hundreds of books about the



Not, in my opinion, quite as good as 'The Moon's A Balloon', but wonderfully entertaining nontheless.

I liked it, it was gossipy and fun. Who knew David Niven was so present during the Golden Age, I thought as I was reading it; turns out he inserted himself into many other people's stories to 'protect their privacy', which somewhat lessens the resonance of a memoir. But this isn't really a memoir, anyway, it's more of a bunch of fairly disconnected Hollywood anecdotes, some quite compelling. But they did feel rather disconnected, especially the segments at the end that went for just a few pages

Great stories of Hollywood.

Possibly the best autobiography I have ever read and I have read many.It is surprising really as I am not a fan of David Niven and did not know a great deal about him prior to reading this book.It is very funny at times and the book flows like it was written by a seasoned writer.

This book will never go "back" to the charity shop, the photo's are enough- Garbo, Flynn, Gable, Dietrich, Bacall, and more... but an insite into this great name dropping book. Niven is filming "Charge of the Light Brigade" with Errol Flynn, director Mike Curtiz (Hungarian) "Flynn and I doubled up with laughter. "You lousy bums," Curtiz shouted, "you and your stinking language...you think I know fuck nothing...well, let me tell you - I know FUCK ALL!" Read the Moon is a balloon first

Post a Comment

0 Comments